Overcoming Parental Alienation: 2 Day Course Programme
Parental Alienation is one of the most traumatising and difficult issues that a separated parent can deal with. The sometimes fatal rupture of a loving relationship between a parent and a child can strike without warning yet, is often the outcome of an organised, determined and covert campaign that characterises parental alienation.
It is important to make distinctions between parental alienation and other dynamics that affect children lest we take our loving focus away from our children’s struggle with the experience of their secure base shattered by their separating parents. We can expect the children of separated parents to struggle with relationships, and transitions between parents. But is it alienation; is it alignment, or enmeshment? What does Parental Alienation really mean?
In this workshop we will cover, alienating and alienated parents behavior and the spectrum of children’s reactions. We will help participants to identify what is happening in their own relationships as well as how to prevent, manage and reverse an alienation reaction where possible.
Come prepared to share as much or as little as you wish about your own situation, in a private and confidential workshop.
Optional: Time limited consultation for more complex situations will be available after the workshop. However, participants need to be responsible for their own self-care and arrange access to support services as required.
Programme Objectives and Outcomes
You will leave with:
- A deeper and broader appreciation of how you and your children form your relationship and the nature and spectrum of parent-child affiliation.
- A more strategic and empathic appreciation of what your children are going through.
- A more strategic and empathic appreciation of what makes your ex-partner alienate your children against you and how children can be aligned with one parent and not the other.
- A more strategic and empathic appreciation of your part in the alienation and/or alignment of your children against you.
- Strategies and countermeasures to overcome parental alienation and how to live better with yourself.
- How to be child focused.
- An appreciation of the power of letting go when you have tried everything and your children remain alienated from you.